May 3, 2011
diy mother's day vase
Here's what you'll need:
1. Clear glass. I got all of mine at a thrift store. The most expensive one was $1.50
2. Enamel paint. Get a few colors you love and more importantly your mother will LOVE!
3. An oven.
Here's what you do:
1. Clean glass really well and dry thoroughly.
2. Squirt paint color of choice into selected glass. Start with a little. Don't over do it!
3. Carefully swirl and bang the container until you like the way it looks on the outside. This step reminds me of smacking the side of a glass Heinz 57 bottle. Take your time and make sure you don't over do it, getting paint in places you don't want them.
4. Let it dry. Wait 2-3 days or so.
5. Bake it! This step is very important. When you bake enamel paint on glass after following the directions on the label, the paint adheres to the glass making it easy to wash after use. Probably best to hand wash. I don't know though, I haven't had a dishwasher in years :)
After the item is cooled, you're set to go! Enjoy your new vase + the pretty flowers that will accompany it!